- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3-3/4 cups water
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes with mild green chiles, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 3 cups Loretta Spanish rice (uncooked)
- 4 medium green peppers
- In a pot, cook beef until no longer pink and drain. Add onion, chopped green pepper, garlic, salt and pepper over medium heat and continue to cook until vegetables have softened. Add the water, tomatoes, tomato sauce and cumin. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and let simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Stir in rice and let simmer uncovered for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes, or until rice is tender.
- Remove tops and seeds from the peppers; cut in half widthwise. Place in a large pan of boiling water for 4 minutes.
- Drain peppers and stuff with meat mixture. Place remaining meat mixture in an ungreased 13×9-in. baking dish. Top with stuffed peppers, pressing down gently. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!